Miss Davis received her Bachelor's degree in Physical Education from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK. She moved to Baton Rouge, LA where she received her Master's degree in Physical Education from Louisiana State University.
Dawn has been teaching and coaching for 28 years, the last 25 years here at Washington Community High School. She has either taught or coached every level from Kindergarten through college. She also completed her Masters degree in Educational Administration from Jones International University.
Miss Davis is the Physical Education Department Chair and has coached volleyball for 18 years at WCHS (15 years varsity, 3 freshmen).
Dawn has a son named Tory. When she's not teaching she loves to go to movies, watch sports on TV (Bears, Cubs, Illini, LSU, Bulls) and be outside working in her yard. Her favorite forms of exercise are swimming, bicycling and horseback riding that's where you'll find her nearly everyday if the weather is nice.
In high school she played basketball and ran track (they did not have a high school volleyball team). She was a four year starter in basketball and qualified for state in the two-mile run.
She loves teaching at WaCoHi! She states, "There is no greater feeling than making a difference in a student's life. I am so blessed to have the best job I could have...I'm livin' the dream."
- Miss Davis spent three weeks in Kenya, East Africa in 1994 on a missions trip
- She attended LSU graduate school when Shaquille O'Neal was a student-athlete
- She adopted her son when he was six years old
- Dawn was a college instructor for three years at the age of 25
- She owns and plays five guitars: Taylor acoustic, Takamine acoustic, Ibanez Hollowbody, 12 string Cortez and an Ibanez classical
- She owns a chestnut mare Quarter horse named "Angel", a mix breed terrier dog name "Shiloh" and a cat named "Hermanito".